This MoD proving ground operated from 1940 to 1995, shared between the Navy and the Army. There were two 150m ranges and one 75m range – the larger two each had 8 firing positions and 6 sand-filled heavy concrete butts. The proving ground tested everything from rifles to 7.2in Howitzers.
The site is now used by a selection of businesses who have brought their own interesting artifacts to add to what the MoD left behind…
Watch a full-screen slideshow, or browse the full image collection:
[flickr-gallery mode=”photoset” photoset=”72157621989085294″]